A motorcycle jack or motorcycle stand is a table which is used to hold the motorcycle in an elevated position during operations such as bike repair, tire change, bike wash, etc. Its use is not only restricted to motor workshops, in fact any true biker who knows how to take care of his bike owns one with best motorcycle jack.
It prevents the person from having to strain their neck or back or incurring any injuries upon themselves while servicing their precious vehicles. Thus, it is safe to say that a motorcycle jack is a necessity that is required by every bike rider who is enthusiastic about their vehicle’s maintenance.
Choosing an appropriate jack is very important for a person’s as well as his bike’s safety. Strength, balance, quality, stability, and durability, are thus some very important features every jack should have.
This product review will provide you with some of the best options you could choose while looking for a motorcycle jack.
Types of Best Motorcycle Jacks:
Basically, the jacks are of two types:
- Motorcycle Floor Jacks
- Motorcycle Scissor Jacks
The motorcycle floor jack uses hydraulic system to lift the bikes and hence, is also commonly known as hydraulic jack. Scissor jacks, on the other hand is commonly referred to as screw jack because it contains two diagonal metals that are connected using a hinge and a screw.
Like any hydraulic system, motorcycle floor jack consists of a system of a small and a large piston. You apply force on the smaller piston using a pump and this force will be carried to the larger piston via hydraulic system and the pressure produced will lift the vehicle from the floor.
Since it requires very little mechanical force, thus it makes the work so much easier than screw jack which requires you to use force to turn the screw using a spanner which will bring two metal diagonals together. As a result, vehicle will be lifted from the ground.
Motorcycle Floor Jacks Uses:
Motorcycle floor jacks, with their easy to use hydraulic system of lifting vehicles are very commonly used not only by workshops, but also at homes by motorcycle owners.
Any motor enthusiast would know maintaining your vehicle is just as important as fueling it be it a car or a motorcycle.
And since going to workshops isn’t always convenient, jacks in general, and motorcycle floor jacks in particular, make servicing your bike much easier and convenient for you.
Not only that, they also provide you safety and protect you from injuring yourself while working on your vehicle.
How to Find Best Motorcycle Jack (Floor & Scissor):
Choosing the best jack is very important to ensure yours and your bike’s safety. However, when looking online, one is presented with so many multiple options that one feels quite overwhelmed.
But you need not worry, we have narrowed down best motorcycle jack options for you. Following few are ours, and the consumers’ top picks for motorcycle jack. You can see the product features and specifications, their pros and cons, and can easily decide for yourself which option would be suitable to you.
Being a motorcycling enthusiast, it is the users’ top priority to maintain their ride up to the mark. However currently there are not many garage options where you can get your bike checked or serviced.
This is where the need arises for a biker to be able to work on the maintenance and service of their bikes on their own. And for that, owning a motorcycle jack should be a top priority.
From changing your bikes tires, or repairing any faults you definitely need to own a motorcycle jack to be able to do that.
Through a thorough research and analysis of products available in the market we were able to list the Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000lb Triple Lift Motorcycle Jack as our top choice.
Best Overall Picks
Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000lb Triple Lift Jack
A powerful tool for your motorcycle with a compact design to fit anywhere. This product definitely ranks number one on our list because of its amazing features.
This heavy duty 4000lb triple lift motorcycle jack has a flexible design that is not limited to be used with motorcycles only. It can also help you with lifting different vehicles like ATV’s, trucks, dirt bikes etc. saving you the trouble of owning multiple jacks.
- Comes with both a removable lift saddle and padded lift rails
- Maximum lifting height of 18-3/8 inches
- For maximum safety this gadget comes with locking safety bars to maximize its stability when raised
- Triple lift flexible design can work with multiple vehicles including ATV’s, dirt and heavy bikes etc.
- Total handle length of 40 inches
- Economical and affordable option
- Compact and flexible design
- High quality durable product
- Works as both a bottle jack and a jack stand
- Some users have complained regarding the total height of the jack
Black Widow Cruiser Touring Best Motorcycle Jack:
Black Widow’s attractive metallic black color and sleek design are easily able to catch the consumer’s eye when looking for a perfect fit of best motorcycle jack. With its light weight, it is very easy to use and store. The all-steel construction also provides durability of product. Check following qualities for detailed review:
- Low price
- Practical option
- Compact scissor jack
- All black steel-frame
- Lift range: 3.75” to 16.25”
- Contains removable frame adapters which increase maximum height by 2 to 3.25 inches
- Lift capacity: 1100 lbs.
- Jack weight: 32 lbs.
- Manually operated
- Can lift the bike from either front or rear end, not both at the same time
- Easy to use and store
- Provides extra height
- Helps with basic bike maintenance from front or rear end
- Being light weight is one of the biggest advantages that Black Widow offers
- This quality allows it to be used by diverse group of people
- The extra height which is provided by removable frame adapters is a bonus
- Its extra light weight makes its durability questionable
- Also, being manually operated requires extra effort which is also a put off
Extreme Max 5600.3211 Sport Bike Motorcycle Front & Rear Spool-Style Lift Stand
This light weight, easy-to-use and even easier to store jack consists of two parts. It is specifically designed for sports bikes and has special features that may or may not be provided by other jacks.
- Specially designed for sports bikes
- Consists of two individual lifts that work separately or as a unit
- 100% steel construction that ensures longer product life
- Easier to store
- Fits Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ducati, and BMW
- Capable of lifting one or both of the bike’s wheels for maintenance
- The front lift stand can fit sports bike front wheel forks 9.5” to 12.5” wide
- The rear wheel lift can fit the sports bike’s rear swing arm spools 10.75” to 14.5” wide
- 4 caster wheels on each stand for added support
- Swing arm spools are required for use with the rear lift stand and are not included
- Allows to lift one wheel at a time as well as both. Has added support provided by 4 caster wheels on each stand
- Its specificity for sports bikes makes the use of this product very limited and targeted
PowerZone 380047 Hydraulic Motorcycle/ ATV Jack:
PowerZone 380047 is the best one in our list of top motorcycle jack because of multiple reasons. Its hydraulic system makes maintenance of bikes much easier than others. Moreover, the product is designed in a way that attracts the customers. Its system is very efficient with reduced friction which reduces the applied force required by person. Further details are listed below:
- PowerZone’s steel built
- Sleek design
- Red and black color combination, along with chrome plating
- Weight: 62.4 lbs.
- Height: 4-1/2”
- Lift range: 4-1/2” to 14-1/2”
- Arm length: 2-3/8”X12”
- Maximum lifting capacity: 1700 lbs.
- Used for both motorcycles and ATVs
- Can lift bikes of different sizes and designs
- Safety locks to prevent the bike from sliding
- Detachable T-handle to provide extra secure grip
- Saddle pads to secure and protect your vehicle
- Foot activated hydraulic pump to let your hands position and stabilize the vehicle
- Bike-lifting is made easier with PowerZone 380047 motorcycle floor jack due to its efficient use
- High lifting capacity and taller lifting height range
- It leaves your hands free to stabilize your bike
- Its arm length is quite short for larger bikes and makes it very difficult to lift them
OTC 1545 Best Motorcycle Lift Up:
Designed by none other than OTC tool manufacturers, OTC 1545 motorcycle floor jack is our second-best option for vehicle lifts. Its reliability is one of the main reasons due to which it attracts the consumers. Further product details are enlisted below:
- A rigid, stable, and durable motorcycle floor jack that will last you a lifetime
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Hydraulic system to help operate the floor jack
- Maximum performance with safety assurance
- Lift capacity: 1500 lbs.
- Lift range: 3-1/2” to 16-3/4”
- 7” long skid to allow you to lift wide and large bikes
- Removable handle which gives you a 360 degrees access to your bike while servicing it
- Double handed long handle to provide extra support
- Automatic safety lock and locking rear casters to secure the person as well as their bike when lifted
- Foot pedal release and 2 ratcheting tie-down straps for additional safety
- OTC 1545 is operated by feet and thud, is quite easy to use
- Its automatic safety lock provides extra protection
- Safety valve inserted
- Broader lift range
- The foot pedal is difficult to control which makes the controlling of descent quite tough
- It is only made for motorbikes