If you are the type of personality who likes to get things done their way, then you would be reluctant in entrusting others with responsibilities.
You’d fear that they could mess things up or not do it right. In most cases when you are traveling and you need some emergency car repair. These portable floor jacks can get the job done.
This applies to everything- from professional to personal situations. Oftentimes, the people who think they can take care of a situation better are not satisfied with the way others do the same work.
The same is the case with vehicle repair and maintenance. The car enthusiasts like to service their beloved vehicles themselves because they know nobody could take better care of their vehicles but themselves.
- Because people generally tend to have emotional affiliations with their vehicle and want nothing but the best for them.
This is the reason tools like ramps, portable floor jack, oil filter wrenches, tire demount tools, etc. exist. However, it’s not always convenient to have tools at your place because of the lack of enough space, and thus, it’s very important to have the ones that can be easily carried and stored.
More About Best Portable Floor Jack:
Floor jacks are one of the most basic tools that most people have at their homes. These are used to lift the car from the ground level for purposes like tire change, engine oil change, checking for leakages, etc.
Although a necessity, yet not every person can have it in their home for not being able to store it. Thus, it is important that it is designed in a way that can be easily stored and easily portable.
Here we have enlisted the details and specifications of our favorite portable floor jack. We have also reviewed its runner up jack that is also a very good option for many.
Best Overall Pick:
Pittsburgh 1.5-ton Compact & Portable Aluminum Racing Jack:
Pittsburgh is our favorite portable jack with a 1.5-ton weight-lifting capacity. It has a rapid action dual parallel pump that is able to lift the vehicle in only 3-1/2 pumps.
The aluminum construction makes it super durable. One very notable feature of Pittsburgh is that it has a joint release pump which makes the descent of the vehicle from any handle position controlled and balanced.
Thus, you won’t have to worry about damaging your vehicle while bringing it down from the elevated position. Since it is a lightweight and compact design, it won’t demand much space from you. However, since the load capacity is less, it is suitable for light cars.
- Rapid action dual pump for easy lift
- Requires only 3-1/2 pumps to lift the vehicle
- Industrial quality for professional mechanics
- Aluminum construct for high strength and durability
- Rubber padding to prevent marring
- Universal joint release for controlled descent
- Easily portable
- Brand: Pittsburgh Automotive
- Model: ha68053
- Product weight: 30.3 lbs.
- Product dimensions: 23 x 10 x 7 inches
- Weight-lifting capacity: 1.5 tons
- Handle length: 37 inches
- Compact, portable, and easily stored
- Not suitable for large vehicles
Powerzone 380049 1-1/2 lightweight Aluminum Jack:
Our second favorite portable floor jack is Powerzone 380049 because of multiple reasons. Being Aluminum built like Pittsburgh, Powerzone is compact, strong, lightweight, and easily carried and stored.
To make its storage more convenient, its handle is made retractable which folds forward to make it fit smaller spaces. It is able to lift a total weight of a whopping 3000 lbs. and comes with a safety valve to prevent overloading.
- Aluminum built
- Foldable handle
- Compact design
- Easily stored and movable
- Safety valve to ensure safe elevation of the load
- Rubber pads to keep vehicle frame safe
- Brand: Milestone Tools
- Model: 380049
- Product weight: 27 lbs.
- Lift capacity: 1-1/2 ton (3000 lbs.)
- Minimum lift: 3-1/2 inches
- Maximum lift: 14-3/4 inches
- Dimensions: 24.4 x 11 x 9 inches
- Retractable handle, easily stored
- Safety valve
- Some users reported that the handle isn’t very durable
Note: These two jacks are only a good option if you are looking for something which you can carry along on your journeys. Especially, if you have larger vehicles or if you are a professional, it’s better to have a primary jack with at least 2-3 tons lift capacity. Its better to keep these as secondary jacks because of their limited lift capacity.